News & Views July 2009
Remember in Prayer:
- Ruth Hale, retired ministers widow, Chesapeake, still recovering from open heart surgery.
- Jackie Fletcher, retired ministers wife, Loch Lynn, recovering from gallbladder surgery.
- Rev. Paul Harne, pastor, Virginia Avenue, recovering from knee replacement surgery in June.
- Rev. Philip Morris, retired minister, Crossroads, needs our prayers.
- Rev. Steve Buillon, pastor, Waldorf, still needs our prayers for surgery and issues with broken leg.
- Jill Ross, pastor’s wife at Grasonville, Lake View Fellowship
- Pastor Jim Hamby, pastor, Damascus still in need of prayer
- Rev. Ron Laro, pastor, Dundalk Community, recovering from surgery in June.
- Naomi Hancock, retired ministers wife, Edgemere, recovering from surgery
- Sister Verdell Simpkins, wife of minister Joseph Simpkins, Harvest Temple, cancer treatment.
- Carroll Reid, sister of Regional EV Director Bill Reid, cancer treatment
- Rev. Betty Rice, pastor, College Park, continues to need our prayers.
- Pastor Juan Ramos, pastor, Forestville, Iglesia De Dios a Las Naciones, cancer treatment
- Jim Davis, father of Betty Boggs, pastors’ wife at Laurel Living Hope, in advanced stage of cancer.
- Kathy Isaacs, wife of Rev. Bill Isaacs, Administrative Bishop in Northern Ohio, undergoing chemo therapy.
- Rev. & Mrs. Robert Shockley, pastors Lewes, DE, Light of the World (mission) in the birth of a new grandson, Caleb Gritton (7lbs, 7oz) born June 2.
- Rev. & Mrs. Sylvester Williamson, staff pastors, National, in the tragic death of their 32 year old daughter in an auto accident in Buffalo, NY on June 25.
- Rev. Dan Southern, pastor, Centreville, in the death of his Mother in June.
- Betty Moore, pastors’ wife, Owings Mills, in the death of her sister.
- Rev. Jeremias Noquera, pastor, Baltimore-All Nations, in the death of his mother. Please remember the family as they will be transporting her to Guatamala for burial arrangements as per her wishes.
Rev. Daniel Homner, Gone Home to be with the Lord!
It is with deep sadness that we inform you of the passing of Rev. Daniel Homner,
retired Ordained Bishop in the Church of God in Delmarva-DC. Bro. Homner was 91
years old and has served the Church of God for many years, in various capacities.
Please remember Sister Emma Homner in your prayers as well as his entire family.
Cards may be sent to:
c/o Beth Osborne
910 Riverside Drive
Salisbury, MD 21801
Arrangements are as follows:
Sunday, July 12 6 – 8 PM
Monday, July 13, 1 – 2 PM
Monday, July 13, 2 PM
Holloway Funeral Home
501 Snow Hill Road
Salisbury, MD 21804